Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I got a phone!

Hey everybody. This will be a really short post because i have to run in a sec. I did manage to get myself a phone today (thanks so much Kelly and the rest of my kankokujin friends for taking me along to Shinookubo!). It's a little white sony ericcson thing. Pretty basic phone (by Japanese standards) - takes photos and movies and that's about it i think. I was wrong about not being able to get phones with less than a 1 megapixel camera - this one only has a 640x480 pixel camera (about 0.3 megapixels) - which is the same res as a lot of phones back home in Australia. I went on this "Komi-Komi Standard" plan which with the student discount will cost me about 3750 yen per month.

If anybody is interested, my phone number is: 090 4176 7332
and my phone email address is: age-lim@ezweb.ne.jp
If you guys send an email there it's meant to just pop up on my phone! Hopefully the data charges aren't too high here.

Anyway haven't had a chance to really use it yet - had to run home through the rain! What i just realised though was i actually had my umbrella in my bag the whole way home... Live and learn i suppose. My phone still works so i'm happy. There's some exchange student party or something on again tonight - and i have no idea how to get there so i'm just tagging along with some other people from my dorm. Starts at 10.30 so i better go get ready - and if i don't post tomorrow it's probably because i'm still sleeping lol. Laters all!

No comments: