Sunday, January 30, 2005

Lounge-ing

It’s 3.42am in the morning and I’m sitting down here in the lounge with Kris and Cheh… I think I really need to try to get back into some sort of a regular sleeping pattern. For the last couple of hours we’ve been amusing ourselves with a mix of Warcraft III, Starcraft and some random music DVD that Ben bought. Everybody since has gone to bed except the three of us though. Today was generally a rather unproductive day – but it was nice to just be able to spend some time reading and having a break from everything. I’m still trying to work out whether I’m actually looking forward to coming home or not… I keep telling myself that I’m not and that I want to stay here – but then every now and then I get a little nagging feeling that it would be nice to be home too.

Hongo-san was down in the lounge a bit earlier telling us about how he’s going off to visit Asakusa tomorrow. It’s his first time going there, which I thought was quite funny. He’s been in Tokyo since September last year and has seen almost none of Tokyo in that time – by the sounds of things he doesn’t like the popular tourist kind of places because they’re all too crowded here. Speaking of traveling, by the looks of things at the moment, I will be staying put here in Tokyo until I leave. Everybody’s been telling me to go visit Kansai but I actually sat down and really thought about it the other night, and came to the realization that if I went, that would be the only reason I was going – not because I actually wanted to see it myself. Every time I go out here I realize there’s still so much of Tokyo I haven’t seen, let alone explored, yet – which I think would be a real shame seeing as I’ve been here for the last four and a half months…

3 comments:

Ez said...

Sure sure...

I think the REAL reason you don't want to go is because you'd rather be going out and drinking instead. Either that or now its too late to organise :)

quebeck said...

Get a group of chick's together and visit that island famous for watermelons!

suz said...

hey i came across ur blog through garry =) japan looks amazing... i wanna go there! nice pics too! r u studying abroad in japan? well live it up over there huh.. ja ne~