Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Ski Trip Part I (22.12.04)

The bus trip to Nagano took about 8 or 9 hours in all. It wasn’t that bad because we did stop three times on the way at service areas. It was bad however because it meant that you couldn’t really sleep for more than an hour and a bit at a time.

Snow at last


I'm pretty sure you need chains to drive around in that... The bus we were in definitely did - which is why we were stopped here. It took about 15 minutes to fit the chains.


Everyone looked really tired when we arrived, but after having about 3 hours rest we were out on the slopes. I decided to try snowboarding… It’s definitely really fun, but I think this was the wrong place to try to learn it … There aren’t any real beginner’s courses at all around here. The easiest course is sort of up in the mountain a bit, but to get back from there you have to go down this really big steep hill.

Being already sore from training the other night I think is just making it worse, but I am seriously going to have trouble walking tomorrow I think. There are patches where the courses are really hard because there hasn’t been enough snow. And of course I managed to fall over about 3 or 4 times right at those spots. I can’t even sit down properly. AND THEN on my last run down from the mountain, I sort of decided to just let myself go a little bit. And I actually made it down like a quarter of the big slope … but then stacked really hard on the flat bit while I was going really fast and tried to stop. I don’t know how but I managed to like even knock my head into the ground so hard my goggles and beanie came off lol. I think I might have to get skis tomorrow…

No comments: