Saturday, June 25, 2005

On the plane

Writing this feels just a little nostalgic, as I sit here on the plane on the way to Japan again. I used to write in this word file during my exchange when I had no access to the internet… Wow… Sorry, we just ran into a pretty fun bit of turbulence for about 2 minutes… Anyway, I just read through all the posts in this word document which brings back some good memories. Still can’t really believe that it’s already coming up to 6 months since I said goodbye to my life as an exchange student in Tokyo.

Anyway packing for the trip here was rather easier than I thought; which was helped largely by the fact that it’s only for a couple of weeks. Definitely beats trying to pack everything you’re going to need for the next 6 months. However, this morning I was still unfortunately looking around everywhere trying to find my little coin pouch – which in the end was not to be found. Seems like such a stupid thing to be getting worked up over, but it didn’t leave me in a very good mood this morning. Guess I’ll just grab myself another one when I see a shop selling them here ^^

The flight so far has actually gone quite quick; Mel and I managed to plan our Kansai itinerary and I’ve now got quite a collection of photos of the wonderful view of the sky out the window. I must say though, the sun really doesn’t look all that different now that we’re 30 mins from Narita compared to when we took off just over Melbourne …

I think I’m going to have to turn my laptop off soon since the descent is going to start, so I’ll leave it there for now. I’m going to try to keep a fairly regular blog until I get back home; so for all you bored people out there hopefully this will give you something to do for a few minutes every day hehe. Till then.

1 comment:

kAgE said...

=*( noooooooooooooooooo he's leaving us again~~~!~ bah, we'll kill u when u get back if u dun have any little funny pressies for us =p