Monday, November 20, 2006

The end of five years of uni

Well the end of my fifth year as a university student has finally come around, and somehow i've managed to still not be graduating. I know the 'real' end of the year isn't quite here yet, but for me, the year really feels like it's over once university finishes. So i think i'll just do my end of year post now and leave the official new year to bring what it may.

I have to say that, unfortunately, exams went relatively poorly this time around so it wasn't quite the end to fifth year that i'd hoped for. On the bright side i have one more year to try to make things better haha.

The year in all i think was a good one. Through all the ups and the downs, I had a lot of interesting experiences, met a lot of interesting people, had my eyes opened to a lot of new things - and, on the whole, somehow managed to have a lot of fun too. And i think that's the most important thing. I always enjoy skimming through my blog to see the posts i write when i'm happy. When things aren't going so well, looking at your own blog has to be one of the best things to remind yourself that things will get better (unless, of course, all you do is write about how depressed you are - so if you do, stop it). Because, after all, memories are really all that we have at the end of the day.

Anyway, that's enough self-centred blogging advice for now :)

I'm off to Japan tomorrow morning for 3 weeks. It's strange that it's come around so quickly because i honestly thought i'd be looking forward to it more than i am - but maybe it just hasn't really sunk in yet. My plans are still kind of unconfirmed, but i'm hoping to be more of a tourist this time (as opposed to being an exchange student there) which, promises to be another new experience. Maybe it will even inspire some extra blogs from yours truly haha.

I've rented a phone there so if any of you reading this happen to be in Tokyo in the next couple of weeks at at all, drop me an email and maybe we can meet up: renta6909@c.vodafone.ne.jp

And on that note, i should get started on my packing. Hope everyone enjoys what's left of their 2006.

Adrian

3 comments:

quebeck said...

Have a fun and safe trip!

hwangus said...

have a good one

Kerry said...

have a great trip Age!