Can't post pictures from this computer unfortunately but thought I'd write something quickly before I head out for the day.
Been staying in Kyoto since Thursday and will be checking out tomorrow morning (heading to Nagasaki). Can't really remember exactly what we've been doing each day but the main interesting stuff includes:
- 清水寺 (Kiyomizu-dera) at night. They had a special night illumination thing on this year which we went along to with Dave, Simon, Alex and Aki
- All you can drink karaoke (all night) somewhere near 四条 (shi-jou) with all of the above
- Walking to 東福寺 (Tofuku-ji - temple with lots of pretty autumn leaves) and 伏見稲荷大社 (Fushimi-inari-taisha - shrine with thousands of gates up the mountain) and getting really lost. But on the upside we found this really rich area of Kyoto with some nice houses/cars haha.
- たこ焼き (Takoyaki - octopus balls) and Japanese style crepes in 大阪 (Osaka). They were so good they were quite possibly the highlight of Carl's trip to Japan lol.
- Trip to 奈良 (Nara) with a trip to a random 温泉 (onsen - hotspring bath thing) plus a detour through 大阪 (Osaka) on the way home for more たこ焼き(takoyaki - octopus balls)
Anyway, hopefully I will find a computer that lets me post photos sometime soon.