Sunday, November 13, 2011

Training in Boston

So after three days in Boston I am now back in Tokyo, and I'm pretty sure my body clock has no idea what the time is anymore. Three days, I've realised, is just long enough to start adjusting to a new time zone...

Anyway so enough complaining and a bit about what's been going on. Training was fun. I had a good time catching up with quite a few different people: attendees included people from the Sydney and Melbourne offices (who I obviously don't get to see so often now I am in Tokyo), and it was good catching up with a few others in Boston as well (who I got to know last year while I was there).

The training itself was actually pretty well structured and thought out - I guess the advantage of having a bit more scale in the US means there are more resources to dedicate to training. It was interesting to see how the different business cultures influenced a few of the sessions though - particularly when it came to the ethics stuff.

Boston itself was pretty much the same as last year, although a little colder. But it was amazing to see how many new faces there were in the office (and how many old ones had departed) just 12 months since being there.

And to save myself trying to entertain with plain words, here are some pictures too.

Tess, Jono and I enjoying some late night Chinese food (and beer)

The beer tap at Boston's 'Hard Rock Cafe' (the closest suitable place Jono and I could find for a quick beer late on Friday evening)

Dan and Tiff at 'the Tap' (the name of a popular pub with the LEK Boston crowd)

Tian trying to show everybody the rather small size he expected for the seafood hotpot (the actual thing is that huge bowl sitting between the beer bottles). Tanya listening but not looking impressed.


Piotr (working in Chicago, from the Paris office, Polish), Tess (working in the New York office, originally from the Sydney office, Kiwi) and Richard (working in the Boston office, Chinese-Taiwanese roots, American)

Boston lobster. Enough said.


This is what I got when I ordered vodka on the rocks (yes that is all vodka...)


No comments: